Menu
GeoffS1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Internet speed

Had VM installed on Saturday 22nd June. Broadband working but have run several speed tests and I seem to be getting in the region of 50 Mbps when I am on the m200 package.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet speed

How are you testing. To test the speed properly it should be on a Cat5e/6 ethernet cabled device connected directly into the Hub which you have switched to modem mode. Test at speedtest.net to a virgin server.
See what that gets

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
GeoffS1
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I've been running speed tests over wifi and on my mobile phone.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You cant rely on wifi speed tests - do it over ethernet cable first to see if you are getting full speed.

For example, my Macbook Air and iPhone7 both get 220mbps on my Vivid200 wifi connection - but only when I put them onto the 5GHz network. Sat in the same spot if I then flick them over to the 2.4GHz network, they max out at 70-80mbps - it's just the limitations of the technology!

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos