cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet speed

aaronshowell09
Joining in

Hello there

My son's X box is slow, I've checked out the speed and it reads only at download speed 31.67mbps upload speed at8.09mbps and wireless strength at 76%. I'm on the M100 package with the average 108mbps. I've scanned the strength on the connect app and it says all good 

3 REPLIES 3

carl_pearce
Community elder

@aaronshowell09 wrote:

Hello there

My son's X box is slow, I've checked out the speed and it reads only at download speed 31.67mbps upload speed at8.09mbps and wireless strength at 76%. I'm on the M100 package with the average 108mbps. I've scanned the strength on the connect app and it says all good 

Login to your HUB and check the 'Connected Devices' section to see the speed the Xbox is connected at.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Consoles are not a good tool for measuring speeds and also VM do not guarantee wifi speeds.

You need to test a direct wired Cat 6a connection to the Hub from a gigabit capable device.   It would be better to hard wire the XBox in any case.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi aaronshowell09, thanks for the message. Would you be able to do a direct to the hub speed test via a wired connection please. This will need to be done via a PC or Laptop. Please do this by visiting speedtest.net. ^Chris