cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet speed

Faye-Ben
Joining in

We have the ultimate oomph and have paid for 600mbps. 
we are nowhere near. Most of the time only getting up to around 40!!

today only about 11mbps

what can I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

lotharmat
Community elder
Is that on a wireless or wired connection?

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

lotharmat
Community elder
Is that on a wireless or wired connection?

Wireless

Try with an ethernet cable to rule out it jus being a wireless problem

Will do. 
min in modem mode. Does that make any difference. Sorry but I’m not good at this

No - that's fine - Just switch out your router for a laptop and see what speed you get!

Reset hub and still only getting about 40mb

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Try it this way...

As you expect >100Mbps then connect a 1GB enabled computer/laptop, with up to date drivers, via a NEW and working Cat5e (or better) ethernet cable, directly to the Hub which you have put into “modem mode” (https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-hub-modem-mode ). Test speeds at https://speedtest.samknows.com/ - try on 2 different browsers.

If they are still low – boot you device into windows safe+networking mode to disable any potentially interfering software - and try again.

There are many posts on here where QoS software, unknown/flaky software, old network card drivers, corrupted browsers, bad cables or other connected devices are limiting speeds on tests.

Report back what that gets.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Faye-Ben,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your speeds!

I can understand that this must be very frustrating. Have you taken a look at our Speeds page on our website? You can also take a look at on our page about How to Improve WiFi.

I was able to locate your account and I can see that there are currently no area issues that could be impacting your services. I was also able to look at your upstream and downstream power levels, and there are no issues listed.

Please take another speed test to see if the wired connection has improved at all after the reboot.

Keep us updated and let us know how you're getting on so we can escalate this further if needed. 

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs