cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet speed

Patricia161
Tuning in

Engineer connected my phones to modem as landline was crackling because of outside fault ever since my iPhones and iPads can’t connect to internet as speed to slow but every other device is running ok could the phones be interfering with my devices as this has happened as soon as engineer did this

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The hub based 21CV lines do not use the internet connection. They use a separate radio connection down the cable to the exchange, so nothing on your internet connection or WiFi should be affected.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The hub based 21CV lines do not use the internet connection. They use a separate radio connection down the cable to the exchange, so nothing on your internet connection or WiFi should be affected.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @Patricia161 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your services. 

Please could you pin hole reset the hub and let me know if there are any improvements on the connecting your iPad and iPhone 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

I had to take off my devices upstairs to be able to connect to Internet can’t understand why it won’t take all my devices as it has always done this before and now I am updating to 350 from 100 it is running slowly so apps won’t connect

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Patricia161 wrote:

I had to take off my devices upstairs to be able to connect to Internet can’t understand why it won’t take all my devices as it has always done this before and now I am updating to 350 from 100 it is running slowly so apps won’t connect

Why are you upgrading to a higher speed if you are having problems with your VM circuit at present.  You should get this fixed first before upgrading.

Problems started when I upgraded no problems before but everything sorted now thanks