cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet speed dropped from 300M to 14M

Wendolene
On our wavelength

My usually reliable and fast Internet speed had plummeted tonight. As the title states, down from 300M+ to 14M. Ironically, the upload speed is still 30M+

Hub 3 status looks fine (It's in MODEM mode). 

I have rebooted the VM Hub 3 and my ASUS AX88U router, but speeds are the same low level. 

The VM Status page says no issues in my postcode area WA15...

No config/hardware changes have been made.

FYI these speed are tested via an Ethernet connection to my desktop PC. But speed are the same when I tested using my iPad and Iphone over WiFi.

5 REPLIES 5

Client62
Legend

Check for a known local fault on 0800 561 0061 it is an automated service.

Thank you for your reply.
I have previously check for faults using VM online service and it stated none were present in my area.

However, I had not tried the automated telephone fault line. Alas, it too states no faults on BB in my area.

Hubs in modem mode present the owners with the responsibility of diagnosing where the performance is lost in a system of multiple parts & connections.

However it would take 15 mins at most to switch the Hub to Router mode and run a https://www.samknows.com/realspeed/  performance test to enable the Hub's performance stats to be known. 

Indeed. I am well aware of that. I am not a complete novice. 

I already checked that before I posted so as not to waste people’s time. 

However, checking this morning and without further intervention from me, speeds have restored. 

I assume the VM network was ‘overloaded’ last night in my area. 

Hi Wendolene thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear that your internet speed took such a big drop and for any inconvenience it may have caused your household. And thanks for updating us with confirmation the speeds are back to what you would hope they'd be. For future reference, did you check here, for any possible issues in your area?  You could also check by calling: 0800 561 0061.  That number is automated, but covers a smaller area, so may give a different response to the weblink.

Regards

Lee_R