cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet problems

matmad
Joining in

Hello, from a couple of weeks I start having issues with the internet. It’s almost impossible to use Wi-Fi and on the cable I have a huge ping and let’s say the speed is ok. But unfortunately I need the Wi-Fi to work. I have hub 4 and it was installed on the same place as the previous router from previous provider. Also I was trying with a more powerful and reliable router from MikroTik and I have the same issue. What I can do to solve this issue because it’s start to be annoying as I have to use my mobile data on my phone if I need internet. 

F6677286-1322-4DB9-845F-E0B667A38C57.png

This is the speed what I get on the Wi-Fi. 
also I get plenty of disconnects from Wi-Fi which are not acceptable from a gigabyte internet and good router. 

12 REPLIES 12

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try checking with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 or if you have a VM landline 150 as small local faults are not listed on the VM status page.

Try a 60 second factory pinhole reset as below;
Remove any ethernet cables from the Hub and hold the pinhole reset switch for 60 seconds. Do NOT reboot the Hub, just let it do it's thing. Note you will need the passwords from the bottom of the Hub afterwards, so make sure they are legible.

Also post your power levels and network log.  Setup a BQM here www.thinkbroadband.com/ping

Once done we can comment.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This doesn't appear to be a current VM customer.

The speed test result is over 6 years old and from Brazil.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hello and thank you for the trust. I can guarantee you I’m a VM customer. 

223DF90D-E98F-49CC-B830-C080548CDBE5.jpeg

Hi @matmad

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear of the issues you are having with WiFi.

The speed test you have posted shows a date of 2016 and a location outside of the UK.

Is this an error with the settings on the device the test was performed on?

I have taken a look at things from our side and everything looks to be working as it should.

Do you have any boosters or WiFi pods in the property?

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hello and thank you, I don’t know why it’s showing like this. After that I have posted another speed test where I have 7mb download but was taken down. I don’t know why and by who. If you check a previous reply you will see. I have restarted the router and let’s say the speed’s has come back where they have to be, but when I connect more devices and if start the computer which is on Ethernet I loose all the speed on Wi-Fi. For this I have choose to use another router from MikroTik and setting up the VM hub 4 on modem mode. But unfortunately the speeds are going really low with MikroTik. So I have tested another routers and I have the same issue. Low speed when I set up the hub 4 in modem mode. I will really appreciate if someone can help me with this issue. Or can someone recommend me an router which will work??? Properly? 

thank you

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @matmad 

I'm afraid your second speedtest picture was rejected as it showed your IP address.

You should post your router stats here for the learned members to check what the problem is and offer assistance.

In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) and hit return.

Don't login, instead below there click on Check Router Status

From the Router Status page copy/paste 3 FULL sets of data as text onto here – from the Downstream, Upstream, & Network Logs pages. 

You will have to click on "Post" twice when doing the Network Logs as they contain your MAC address, the MAC address will be redacted by the system and then that post will go through.

You could also set up a BQM monitor  at thinkbroadband.com - this will give you an insight into what is happening with the signal at the other side of the Hub,  and also help show up any issues. It will take a few hours to get any kind of trend showing although you can post the link straight away.

Instructions for posting BQM Link

Under your BQM graph are two links in red.

Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then click generate.

Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see.

On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon)

In the URL box paste the link you copied and then click OK.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for coming back to us @matmad

I have looked into this and cannot see any issues that would be causing these problems that you're having.

If you could provide the information that @newapollo, asked for in the previous post, this can help us diagnose the issues and we can hopefully get this resolved.

Regards,

Steven_L

Hello and thank YOU. I will be back at home tomorrow  and I will come with the information required. 
Thank you. 

Hi matmad,

Thank you for reaching back out, once you have posted the requested information we can look into this again for you.

Regards

Paul.