cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet issues

brenden_aulton
Joining in

My WIFI keeps disconnecting and ill be lucky if i get above 70mbs, even when connected to ethernet i rarely get above 150mbs thats on the days where im lucky that my Internet doesn't disconnect all together 

11 REPLIES 11

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Have you checked first for any “known network faults”

As well as trying the “check service,”Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

Also, are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection/Hub related?

What Hub model is it? What are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Ive tried everything 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Hub model?
Lights?
Ethernet connections?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hub 3

One orange light at bottom of hub

3 ethernet connections

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
See my Q in message 2 re ethernet connections

--------------------
John
--------------------

Ive done everything possible nothing works 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Call in and report it as a fault on 150 (VM Phone - free) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone - national rate).

--------------------
John
--------------------

Ive done that i keep getting cut off over and over again and when i try the chat i get told theres no humans available help with my problem 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Follow this...

A few options, firstly call it in on 150 (VM Phone - free) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone - national rate). Use option 2 (faults), dont press any other buttons when offered and you should be in the queue for the next agent. Calling at 08.00 midweek (09.00 Sun) is the best time to get through quickly.

If you get cut off after an automated reboot cycle, just call back in a couple of minutes as the system should know that you have just been on and it hasn’t helped and put you in the queue.

Or.. try options 1,1,4,4, “thinking of leaving” - they usually pick those calls up in the UK (at 08.00) quickly and then transfer you to the appropriate queue (or cut you off !).

You can text VM on 0753 305 1809 include account name/number and what the issue is, there is also a “Chat” option on their website - but note that replies usually take longer as you have discovered.

Or you can speak to the team on WhatsApp by logging into your online account via a mobile handset and there will be a link to speak to VM by Whats App again... long waits if there are no agents

You could also try the freephone number 0800 052 0422 to discuss your account and see if that gets you there

Finally… A VM person should pick this up here and respond, but it can take a few days for them to get here.

--------------------
John
--------------------