cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet is slow and intermittent

Dontread
Tuning in

Hi all, 

I have been having issues with disconnects and low speed for some time. Can anyone help?

Thanks 

52 REPLIES 52

Hi @Dontread

Thanks for posting and apologies for the broadband issues.

You do indeed need a tech visit as alot of the power levels are either maxed out or out of specification.

Best

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks so much for the information provided. Helpful and non judgemental. 

Thanks will look into this. 

Ok John, thanks for getting back to me. 

Will respond to your pvt message. 

Thanks 

Hi @Dontread

Thanks for joining me on PM

Just to update the thread, the engineer visit was booked in. This is available to view on your online account - virg.in/myVM - where you can also cancel and amend if needed. 

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 
Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

HI John,

Thanks for booking the engineer. He came round about 11.45 and did say that the cabinet is in a state and needs a lot of work to correct it. He made some changes but was unable to do any further work as I had to rush out to a hosptial appointment.. The only issue is that I am now without internet after the changes he made. Not sure what the next step is.

Hi John,

The engineer came back to mine yesterday after I called him. He was able to get the Internet back online but the levels are still way off. He did mention that he will mention in the report that another visit is required but with two people next time as its a big job. He believes the cabinet is in a mess and has not been maintained.

Another issue is that the neighbours Internet went down the moment my one went back live. 

Thanks for coming back to us @Dontread, can you please confirm if you have contact details for the engineer who has recently visited you and have been able to get in touch with them?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi David,

Sorry I don't have the contact details as it was all on the day but yes he did come back and got it connected.

Thanks 

Not to worry. Thank you for that information. I would like to look into this further for you and so what I will do is private message you to confirm some details. 

^Martin