Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Internet dropping out

Hi. I really hope you can help.

Since having to work from home the internet has been appalling (wi-fi seems fine). We're on the 200 package and sometimes we get it but at other times we have zero connection. It's making home-working impossible at times. Always dropping off video calls.

I don't know if it's connected but we've also been having issues with recording tv for some time now, with occasional pixelation, at the bottom of the screen, on recordings.

One thing...the cable connections on the outside of the house are exposed (i.e. not protected by the plastic box). Please can someone help? 

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet dropping out

Reboot the hub.

There was an “outage” of sorts just now 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you but this is happening regularly. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I think there was a country wide or rather large outage. Down detector reported it, and I got kicked off a Skype call for work.

HUB 3.0 not flashing so thought it was network side as was still connected to downstreams.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/virgin-media-down-not-working-interne...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/11492964/virgin-media-internet-down/

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, but this has been an issue for a few weeks now.
0 Kudos