cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet connection cuts out

n_glover
Joining in

For the past few months, the internet connection drops out for around 5-10 minutes before returning to normal. this has happened in the past, but stopped and recently resurfaced and is happening recently now. For the past couple of days this has been happening around the same time in the evening. Sometimes when this happens all the router lights turn green and the arrows symbol flashes green if that helps. I use my hub 3 as a normal router if that helps is well.

54 REPLIES 54

I am having the issue with all devices in my household. The internet cuts off and comes back randomly. But I mainly notice this in my ethernet connected devices (1 hard-wired, 1 connected via wifi booster) - Included with this is packet loss. either it goes completely or has packet loss for a minute. 

I setup a BQM online now using ThinkBroadband. If it produces any results I will be sure to send them but if its possible can we continue? as I want it to be fixed ASAP

2b16d0735b57326e689258ca73fe1fa743463949-13-02-2023.png

Hi there @n_glover, welcome back to the forum and thanks for your post.

Sorry to see that you are having issues with your connection dropping. I have checked our system for you and cannot see any obvious reason as to why this would be happening. 

Just to confirm, what colour light is showing on the hub? When the drop outs happen is this also affecting all devices or just the specific ones you have mentioned?

Let us know, we will be happy to assist further.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Sometimes the whole connection drops, sometimes I only notice it on ethernet connected devices (sometimes as packet loss other times as full disconnects.)

also, the hub light is white / very light yellow

Thanks n_glover.

Do you happen to have a live BQM link we can view? Looking at your graph in a previous post, it doesn't look too bad. We still are unable to see any faults on our end which could be causing this.

Thank you

Beth

We cannot see that there are any issues with the specs on our side and the BQM doesn't appear to show many issues either. 

Are you able to monitor this over the next few days and let us know how things are looking going forward? 

The issue is still happening...

Hello n_glover,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Sorry to hear this is still ongoing.
I'd like to take a look into this for you.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L