cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Speeds

Tiesys1
On our wavelength

Hi

Recently I was going to cancel my contract with Virgin, but decided to stay and keep the same M100 line. The change to the t.v. package took place overnight and this morning I ran a speed test which showed 20 Mbs. 

How can I get somewhere near what I am paying for??

Thanks

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Tiesys1

Just a quick note to confirm you're satisfied with the response and efforts of the forum team?  Remember if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand.

Regards

Lee_R

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

How are you measuring the speed - over WiFi or ethernet cable?  If it's over WiFi, try over a wired connection as that's the speed you are paying for.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Tiesys1
On our wavelength

Hi,

Thanks for replying. The virgin t.v. box sits next to the router and is hardwired.

I was connected to the WiFi, wirelessly from my tablet approximately 6 feet away from the WiFi box.

I tried to log on to the router, but have forgotten the password does anyone know how I can reset the router password without knowing the current password?

Thanks

Mike

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

You can reset it to factory settings by holding down the pin switch for 30+ seconds and leaving the Hub to restart itself. Make sure first that you can read the passwords on the label.

Only wired speeds are guaranteed.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Tiesys1
On our wavelength

Hi,

Thanks, but if I reset the router will it automatically "recover" to a working state (connecting me to  the internet etc so all I would have to do is put a new password in, or would have have t deal with some technical issues as well?

Cheers

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

It will remain conected to Virgin, and working normally.

You won't have to do anything at all unless you want to log in to change settings away from factory default (e.g. WiFi passwords)

- jpeg1

Tiesys1
On our wavelength

Many Thanks

Will give it a go tonight.

Bit nervous - do Virgin have a team to help do these things (tech support)?

Thanks

Hi @Tiesys1 thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear you're experiencing slow WiFi speeds.  I have located your account from here and I've had a remote look.  I would like to help you resolve this issue, so I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi @Tiesys1

Just a quick note to confirm you're satisfied with the response and efforts of the forum team?  Remember if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand.

Regards

Lee_R