Menu
Shaka1995
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Internet Speed

I'm currently paying for 500mb of Internet and I'm only getting about 150mb.

I've followed the advise on your website but nothing helps - what do I do?

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet Speed

Is this Broadband as you have posted in the Mobile section 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet Speed

Afternoon @Shaka1995

Welcome back to our Community - we are sorry that you're having some speed issues. Your thread has now been moved to the broadband section to better assist you with your issue. 

For our 500Mb package, the minimum guaranteed speed should be around 258Mb so you are a bit slower than we'd like to see; this however though can depend on the sort of set up you have and if your device is capable of faster speeds. 

I have been able to locate your account from here to go through some basic diagnostics - I can see that it's been around 2 days since you last rebooted; I can see some signal issues which may be causing your speed issue. If you could reboot for me so we can check again, that would be great. If the signal remains low, we'll need a technician visit. 

However, I can also see that you have a couple of devices that are a bit to close to the hub and they are using up valuable bandwidth that could be impacting other devices. We would advise either connecting these devices via Ethernet or moving them away from the Hub if possible. 

Please do pop back once you have rebooted so we can check and we'll go from there

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos