Menu
gibb192
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Internet Speed

For the umpteen time, I have not had my vivid 200 mbps speed, in fact nowhere near !!

I have been fobbed off right from day one. When I tried to speak online to someone about cancelling or lowering my package, the message we are too busy try again later. So I tried again and said I wanted to upgrade....I was in and speaking to someone immediately !! When I told them what I was speaking to them about, I was ut through to the right department ( fully expected to be cut off).

Today I was asked would I like to buy a Booster for £3 a month ?

My Speed is averaging 39/40 THAT IS 20% of what I should be getting. Then I was told it is because I am wireless, my laptop doesn't have an ethernet port and isn't just about everything wireless ??

Your router is in the wrong place, blocking signal etc.....I am sat here less than 2 feet away !!

I accept that there may be a lower speed due to wireless but by 80%, where does it actually say your speed will be GREATLY reduced.

Its a Rip off.....can I just pay for the 20% by paying 80% less ??

I will be looking for another supplier, tech service thinks your an idiot and treat/speaks to you as such.

Disgraceful....one annoyed and very frustrated person

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Internet Speed

What makes/models of devices are you using and to which wifi network are you connecting them to ?
My iPhone7+ & M'book Air get 220mbps (I am on Vivid200 too) when on the 5GHz network in the same room as the router, and when I flick them to the 2.4GHz network they drop to 70-80mbps. Just the limitations of the technology.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
gibb192
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 

Thanks for the reply..........I don't get the 5ghz option. I did once but no idea why I don't anymore.

The models of devices used are surface pro laptop, hisense tv, Freesat box, android box, gaming pc VR,  2x smartphones sim only.

Like I said sat over the router I'm only getting average 40mbps on wireless......i'm getting more on the pc with ethernet direct connection but this is not convenient with a wire trailing from one end of house to the other atm.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You haven't actually said.... what model of Hub do you have (printed on its base sticker)? From that we can figure out why you cant see/get the faster 5GHz signal.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos