cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent speed and stops

Danwomble
Joining in

Every morning and midday our Internet slows and sometimes stops. This is a regular thing bit I keep being passed to a bot that asks me to reset our hub.

I have followed all the steps several times but its becoming ridiculous.

Do I just cancel virgin and go with another distributor?

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Set up a BQM as this will monitor and show the issue - useful first piece of evidence to present to VM

If you haven’t already, set up a free, secure and “offlsite” - “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts , latency issues, packet drops, etc - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” to the “share live graph” (as per instructions on the TB website) when it starts to develop.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Afternoon Danwomble, 

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues on the broadband connection.

I've looked i to the local area and there doesn't appear to be any issues in the local area, or evidence of network congestion

Have you been able to create a BQM as advised from @jbrennand?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn