cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent issues

fenixriot
On our wavelength

For over 12 months now my 350mb internet has been great, however over the last couple of weeks I have noticed latency is all over the place and the speed drops to below 100mb at times, also the upload can go from the usual 30mb to under 10mb. 
I am currently using thinkbroadband to monitor the connection and will post the graph after leaving over night.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AngryJackedJoe
Dialled in

Hi,

Your going to be joining the rest of us come tomorrow, looking at the graph going what on earth is going on at Virgin.
Look at almost all the recent posts, everyone is complaining about issues like:
wtfvirgin.PNG

There seems to be a trend, at peak times everyones packets latency goes through the roof and there is packetloss. 

Alot of speculation, but no virgin dont seem to be fixing as its been happening since early in March.

Welcome to the pain!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

18 REPLIES 18

AngryJackedJoe
Dialled in

Hi,

Your going to be joining the rest of us come tomorrow, looking at the graph going what on earth is going on at Virgin.
Look at almost all the recent posts, everyone is complaining about issues like:
wtfvirgin.PNG

There seems to be a trend, at peak times everyones packets latency goes through the roof and there is packetloss. 

Alot of speculation, but no virgin dont seem to be fixing as its been happening since early in March.

Welcome to the pain!

29406696-E078-4AF3-9184-0A470FC8B0DC.png

Yeah, looks like there is a much wider issue then if it’s affecting loads of people. So thinking of switching back to BT now they have their 900mb broadband in my area. Cheers. 

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @fenixriot,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.

I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with your connection, I have into this and cannot see anything with your connection or in the local area that would be causing these issues. How has your connection been running since you last posted?

Regards,

Steven_L

Someone will have to take ownership of this issue soon.....

5days.JPG

48B70C85-8411-4539-915B-9F812F620826.png

Still terrible lag and download  speeds have dropped from over 360mb to 170mb, this kind of stability is terrible for online gaming!!! I am seriously considering going back to BT!!!

Hi there @fenixriot, thanks for letting us know you are still having this issue. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

I can see that you have spoken with the team since your last reply. Were they able to help have this resolved?

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

They said they have reset the connection their end??! And that an engineer is working on the issue??! I don’t think they understand that it is the latency I’m having issues with and not download speeds, however they kept talking about that. As stated earlier in this thread it probably is due to over utilisation as the lag spikes seem to occur at peak times.

Hi @fenixriot thanks for your reply to us.

I'm sorry but we cannot identify any issues on the line as previously explained - we've re-ran the tests and all power levels, and upstream/downstream levels are within specifications, demonstrating there's no signs of any congestion on the line either.

Can you please try to have your Hub in Router Mode and let us know how you get on via this method, when connected via ethernet directly into your Hub please?

Many thanks

Tom_W

fenixriot
On our wavelength

I have already tried this and it makes no difference, clearly if there is no issue to the line it is clearly a problem with over utilisation. Same issue I had 3 years ago and I switched to BT then.