Menu
Alison11
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent dropouts and dismal performance.

Does this mean anything to anyone ?

Sometimes internet connectivity appears fine, other times it's all but unusable.

I don't seem to be able to speak to anyone on 150 who doesn't just want me to reboot the hub (again). VM have cancelled an engineer twice due to 'issues in the area'. After five days, i don't seem to have made any progress.

Speedtest.PNGStatus.PNGConfig.PNGDownstream1.PNGDownstream2.PNGUpstream.PNGLog.PNGPacketloss.PNGI

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent dropouts and dismal performance.

@Alison11 wrote:

Does this mean anything to anyone ?

Sometimes internet connectivity appears fine, other times it's all but unusable.

I don't seem to be able to speak to anyone on 150 who doesn't just want me to reboot the hub (again). VM have cancelled an engineer twice due to 'issues in the area'. After five days, i don't seem to have made any progress.

Sorry cant see your images yet - awaiting mods approval.  What Hub do you have?  Are you experiencing dropouts on wifi connected devices or on ethernet cabled connected ones as well ? What devices are you seeing the issues on.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Alison11
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent dropouts and dismal performance.

I have a SH3 operating in modem mode with an ASUS router; one PC is hard wired while laptop & phone are wireless;

Each call to 150 (and there's at least one a day) results in them starting from the top of their script each time and i have to remove the ASUS and either plug something directly into the SH3 modem or restart it as the router;

We get to the point of them booking an engineer but hours later i get a text advising the engineer is on hold while VM investigate an 'issue within their environment'; Another call to 150 & we go through the whole thing again... there doesn't seem to be an' incident ticket' that i can update or which 1st Line can refer to see what's been done so far.

I think i'm getting SNR and/or FECS errors on the upstream but it seems impossible to get past 1st Line support to escalate.

Any advice welcome - Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos