Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent connection

Nix
Dialled in

Morning all,

not sure If I’m posting in the correct section

my router has been rebooting connection since yesterday and Mike g the internet unusable 

vm tell me there is a Nationwide issue yet the service status page is a sea of green.

The router has been reset and factory cleared many times but the services has been on and offline over 50 times in the night

The router comes on then works then goes offline flashes all of the lights then comes online again.

i have engineer booked for Tuesday but wondered if I could get come more details;. 
thanks Nix

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2 x V6 | 650Meg | 247 calls | Caller ID | Customer since 1999 & i know my onions 🙂
4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
To check for known faults try the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

If there actually is (!) a know nationwide issue it will be reported there. If there is, the the Tech visit will auto cancel until it is fixed.

More like likely you were just being fobbed off by an Offshore CS rep.

A VM person will respond here but that can take a day or two. Until then all you can do here is....

Post up your Hub/network connection details and someone will check to see if there is a problem there.  In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1  (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) and hit return. On the first page up dont login [there should be no need to login if you have done so before unless you have the New Hub4 when you do] just click on the “router status” icon/text at bottom-middle or top/right of the Login page and then just copy/paste the normal “Formatted Text” (not images) 3 FULL sets of data onto here – 2 pages from the Downstream, 2 from the Upstream, & the Network Logs page. Don't worry too much about the formatting it can be easily read & DON’T include personal data or MAC addresses - blank them out - if you copy/paste the data, the board software will do this for you (you may need to click the "submit" button again. If character limits are “exceeded” - just do two posts

If you haven’t already, set up a free, secure and “offlsite” - “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts , latency issues, packet drops, etc - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” to the “share live graph”.

Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then click generate. Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see. On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon) In the URL box paste the link you copied and then click OK

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi Nix,

Thanks for your post. With repetitive reboots the first thing that springs to mind is possible power/electrics issue? Maybe with the power cable or socket or extension lead if you are using any. Our records show that you have since cancelled the visit so just checking if everything sorted. Let us know if you need further help.

Cheers,

Corey C

Guys, thanks for the comments.

as expected I cancelled the call as this was a Vm fault as it generally is,

checking the service status pages and they are all green.

I just wish we could get an honest straight reply from Vm when they have a fault, I know it’s a fault of theirs as everything sits normal 99% of the time.

tech support is the worst part of your business and totally dislike ringing in for overseas support. It’s painful.

everything is back to normal and it didn’t need 10 calls and an engineer 

imagine that.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2 x V6 | 650Meg | 247 calls | Caller ID | Customer since 1999 & i know my onions 🙂

Hi Nix, thanks for your post.

I'm really sorry you were frustrated with your experience, but glad to see this was all sorted in the end.

I've checked your account again just in case, and it doesn't seem like there are any further faults thankfully!

I can appreciate your concerns with the amount of times that you had to call, it's disappointing to hear this. Would you like to chat via PM and I can get a complaint raised for you due to your dissatisfaction?

Please let me know and also if you've got any other concerns.

Cheers

Tom_W