cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent broadband

Brandon19777
Joining in

Hi. Broadband keeps going off.. Many times a day.. Reported it over a month ago but the fix keeps being pushed back.. I'm not happy about paying for a sketchy service but trying g to speak to anyone about a refund is impossible.. I've been with virgin for well over 10 years now but recently problems seem harder to resolve.. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What is being reported on the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to street cab/ postcode level.

The "compensation "timer" can also be started on this number if appropriate.

A VM person will respond here in a day or two and may have more info.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What is being reported on the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to street cab/ postcode level.

The "compensation "timer" can also be started on this number if appropriate.

A VM person will respond here in a day or two and may have more info.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Brandon19777,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you have been facing an Intermittent connection and that the fix time keeps being put back, I was able to,locate you on our system with the details we have for you, the issue is congestion and will require updates on our Network to allow extra traffic, all fix times are only estimated and can change depending on the complexity of the issue, the current estimated fix time is 31/03/23 @ 09:00, apologies again for any inconvenience caused.

Regards

Paul.