cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent Service

samlofty
Tuning in

WV7 area.  Intermittent service with heavy TV pixilation and black screen last night and broadband dropping in and out today.  Anyone else reporting issues in this are?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi samlofty,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, we are sorry to hear your TV was disrupted by an issue causing pixelation and a total loss of the picture, I have been able to locate your services on our system and can confirm there was an area issue causing a temporary loss of TV service which has been resolved and was later that day.

How have things been since, if you do have any further issues or need help with anything else, please do not hesitate to reach back out.

Regards

Paul.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

You can check for local service issues by calling 0800 561 0061

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi samlofty,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, we are sorry to hear your TV was disrupted by an issue causing pixelation and a total loss of the picture, I have been able to locate your services on our system and can confirm there was an area issue causing a temporary loss of TV service which has been resolved and was later that day.

How have things been since, if you do have any further issues or need help with anything else, please do not hesitate to reach back out.

Regards

Paul.

WV7 area.  Another evening of frustration on 10 February with intermittent service with heavy TV pixilation and black screen.  I'm last but one on the end of the cable and just wonder if these issues are related to that in this area?

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Was it being reported on the 0800 number?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Following repeated black screen interruptions (about 1 second each time) and random heavy pixilation that happens on any channel and on Catch-Up, eventually ran the on-line check.  This stated that my Tivo 6 box was disconnected!  So called 150 and a check from their end suggested that the box was unreachable, however, it is on and I do have a TV picture.  The issue has now been passed to their IT technicians to investigate.  

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Is your TV box connected to the Hub by WiFi?  If so, try a cable connection. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Yes, the Tivo box is cable connected.  Nothing has changed in the hard wired setup to cause the issue which, I suspect, lies with Virgin to resolve.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to us @samlofty

There has been a known outage in the area, that has today been resolved. please  continue to monitor your connection over the next 24 hours & if you do have any further issues then please do let us know. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

For the past "n" days there appears to be a broadband and TV fault. Checking service status on each day states that "We've found what's causing the issue and a technician is on the way to fix it." However there doesn't seem to be any improvement on any day.

Slow downloads, pixilated TV picture, interrupted Catch-up" seems t be the norm.

When I ask for Text updates I get the message " Sorry, there was an issue registering you for updates......"

Anyone know if the issue really has been identified?