cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent Broadband Loss last 7-10 days

sid44doc
Tuning in

B97 area

Intermittent service started at EXACTLY the same time as Open Reach were in my street clearing out their pavement ducts in preparation for installing fibre cables.

At least one other customer in street affected

Have tried reporting online and by telephone, but line checks when working are OK of course. Unsure how to pass message on to engineers about this as a possible cause. Any advice gratefully received

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for letting us know @sid44doc

Please continue to monitor your service and let us know if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Is anything being reported on the “check service,”Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

In the meantime, are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is network connection/Hub related issue - or maybe just a wifi issue than has arisen by chance at the same time.

Also, what Hub model is it? What are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thank you John

It wasnt the wifi at fault, I checked ethernet linked PC- it was the same. Also TV went off at same time for initial occurrence.

Check service status usually shows a local problem and later a message to say now resolved. Thanks for the automated number to check status I hadnt known about that.

I have a V3 hub and the light was a solid green if i remember right. The main problem is that if this continues for longer than the current 7-10 days Id really like to know how to pass the info on to the engineers about the possible link with Open Reach. Intermittent faults are really difficult to diagnose and can go on for months on end!

Iain

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

If you want to make a record of the breaks in your connection, set up a free BQM. 

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Many thanks Hero

Hello sid44doc

Can I just ask if you have been able to run the BQM yet 

Gareth_L

Thank you Gareth 

not yet, as since I’ve posted we have stopped having dropouts!

id used it years ago when we were dropping out for months before it was put right/ in the box up the road

cheers iain

Thank you for letting us know @sid44doc

Please continue to monitor your service and let us know if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Many thanks Akua

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @sid44doc

Thanks for the reply

How have you been getting on over the past couple of days? Is your connection still running well?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team