Menu
racso_ssor
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Instagram and some other apps extremely slow but showing high speed from test?

CF49ADFC-3B91-49F8-97F4-90170EE8B6D1.png

Link to me trying to use IG - https://youtu.be/YEKhCfEXhtM

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Ann_E
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Instagram and some other apps extremely slow but showing high speed from test?

Dear racso_ssor,

I appreciate you for letting us know about your difficulty with accessing your apps. How are things looking for you today? What type of device are you using?

If you are using a Mobile phone, power cycle your phone and access the affected apps again. If it does not work with that, uninstall and re install the apps back. Try accessing also the same apps on a different device so we can isolate if the problem is with the device or the apps.

You will need to ensure as well that you have enough memory in your device to accommodate all the apps that you are using. Turn off background applications and those which are less needed.

Feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Cheers,

Ann_E

0 Kudos
racso_ssor
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Instagram and some other apps extremely slow but showing high speed from test?

Hi,

It goes up and down a lot. One hour it’ll be fine then it’ll stop working for a bit. It’s on everyone’s devices in my house, whether that be phone or laptop. Have tried reinstalling and has not fixed issue. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Rule_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us, Racso_ssor. I appreciate you letting us know that you've tried to reinstall but still the same.

Most of the social media apps were having issues yesterday. Just want to confirm if it's all okay now?

Let us know and we'll go from there.

Rule_C

0 Kudos
racso_ssor
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Nah it’s been a separate issue to that.  Been over the like past month and a bit, internet just fluctuates a lot and especially with instagram. Sometimes from the speed test we’re getting 5 Mbps and sometimes it’s where it should be. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming, Racso_ssor. I just want to check if this happens via wired connection? Also, does this happen when you connect via WiFi out of home?

Looking forward to your response.

Rule_C

0 Kudos
Highlighted
racso_ssor
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It doesnt happen away from home no, and I dont really have any way of testing it with a wired connection to be honest.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Got it, Racso_ssor. I appreciate that this happens via WiFi. Can you please help me follow this guide here?

Let me know if it helps.

Rule_C

0 Kudos