Menu
jonnymccarthy87
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Incredibly low speeds less than 1mbps

Just ran a speed test on my internet and I am receiving less than 1mbps. Been having to reboot my hub for months but has always returned to full speed. Amy advice would be appreciated 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Incredibly low speeds less than 1mbps

Which model of Hub do you have? Is it just a speed issue or is it losing connection at all? Are you testing over wifi or ethernet cable? What devices are you testing on? What sped site are you using?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Notatech
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It's not unusual to get slower speeds that you are paying for. I am on 200meg but 90% of the time I only get 80meg. My hub has been upgraded and replaced twice FoC and all cable has been renewed. I would suggest you call tech support and report a fault and insist that an engineer call out. The engineer will almost certainly order a new hub for you FoC and replace old cable as they don't like repeat call outs. After numerous conversations with tech desk on the phone, running around the house testing things switching boxes off and on and wasting hours, I have learnt my lesson, just insist on an engineer call out. You won't get the speed you are paying for as their equipment is cheap rubbish but you should get a better speed than now.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Notatech wrote:

You won't get the speed you are paying for as their equipment is cheap rubbish but you should get a better speed than now.

Right & Wrong... the VM equipment may be cheap, whether it's rubbish is debatable but >95% of VM's 5m customers do get the speeds they pay for, as witnessed by the very low numbers on here who do not.  You are an outlier.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
jonnymccarthy87
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Super hub 2ac. Seems ok today so not sure if it was just having a bad day... was the whole supply to my house was affected not just the Wifi. Also never ever had issues with my speed until recently 

0 Kudos