cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inconsistent packet loss

Weeblefaice
Joining in

Hey all,

Nearly a week ago now (22nd it started), I've been getting some weird inconsistent packet loss. I tried all the usual fixes such as restarting the router (multiple times), running the usual tests from the router and none have seemed to fix the issue. Decided to start tracking it so you can see what I mean:

Weeblefaice_0-1653644938453.png

This is from when it first started, Midnight 22nd. Mostly consistent 10% packet loss but then the issue seemed to randomly go away, besides some very low background packet loss which I guess could be seen as normal. Compared to yesterday as of this post however:

Weeblefaice_1-1653645077301.png

Seems to have randomly come back, albeit much stronger now around 20% consistently. Then just randomly stops at midnight, no idea why. Did not do anything that should affect the router. Then it came back even heavier this morning. The singular big spike was just me attempting to restart the internet, albeit to no avail.

Im currently WFH and its also making online gaming a near impossible task, I have no idea what I can do now. The router has been playing up a bit recently, but doesn't seem to be any reported area problem? Not too happy with this so hopefully I can get a swift solution.

Many thanks

24 REPLIES 24

Hi @Weeblefaice, hope you're keeping well.

The outage appears to still be on show, with the estimated fix date still set at 17/06/22 - at 17:10.

Sound to Noise Ratio, appears to be the cause of the outage experienced, which would result in vibrations being present on the lines and responsible for multiple lines feeling the effect.

We do certainly hope this is resolved for yourself, and all effected customers in a timely manner.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hey David.

Was going to let you know that it seems the fixes have worked and it did for about 2 days, until..

Weeblefaice_0-1655734957847.png

It seems its back... I checked the area status and it says there is an issue again, although not sure if this is the same report or a new issue.. whats up with this now? I'm getting pretty tired of this now.

Many thanks.

Hi @Weeblefaice,

Thank you for getting back in touch with us with an update. I'm really sorry to hear that unfortunately your service issues appear to have returned.

I've taken a look on our systems and I'm afraid it does appear that there's a known fault in your area that's likely to be the cause of this problem, with the current estimated fix date/time being approximately 5:10pm tomorrow (June 23rd). I do apologise for the inconvenience that this will undoubtedly cause you.

If you continue to have issues after this date/time has passed, let us know and we can take a look over things.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hello once again.

Date has gone by once again:

Weeblefaice_0-1656254365062.png

It's safe to say my patience is wearing thin. Same problem where it spikes from like 7PM. Checked the area and there is STILL an issue in the area.
I'm honestly getting tired of this at this point, and im close to just telling my parents to switch to another provider - 1 month this has been going on now. I think that's kinda unacceptable. Twice you've told me that there's been a fault. I just want to know if this will be fixed at all at this point.

Thanks.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @Weeblefaice, thanks for reaching out to us.

Sorry to hear your broadband is still facing issues.
I will look into this for you.
I will send you a private message - watch out for the purple envelope 🙂

Kind regards.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs