cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would like the contact phone details to speak to someone in the UK

gingerbones
Joining in

Hi,

I would like to speak to someone in the UK regarding the issue/fault with my broadband.

I've tried 2 different pc's 4 different cables and 2 different speed test sites all giving the same result

43mbps instead of 200mbps 

I'm being given the run around by dialing 150 and talking to these staff I've been told twice now to wait 24 hours which has made no difference. I said I wanted to be put through to raise a complaint and was told by the person I spoke to, who had already told me to wait another 24 hours that he could do the complaint. If thats not a conflict of interests I do not know what is!!.

I keep being asked to sign in when i try to see what my service status is. The problem is i'm already signed in. I have tried logging out and back in but get the same issue, please log in to your account

Can a moderator please offer raise this up and give me a UK contact number

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2

lotharmat
Community elder
Hiya,

Try 150 (from a virgin phone) or 0345 454 1111 from any other.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Calling at 08.00 midweek (09.00 Sun) is the best time to get through quickly.
And try options 1,1,4,4, “thinking of leaving” - they usually pick those calls up quickly and then transfer you to the appropriate queue (or cut you off !).

Note that you will get better help on here for diagnosing "speed" issues before contacting VM

So give us a bit more info. Starting with.... do you get "disconnects" or is it just low speeds? And are the speed issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables?  If you dont know you do need to test it.  Also have you tried a new Cat6a cable ?

Can you check this way....

No BB supplier actually guarantees wifi - only speeds "TO" the Hub are guaranteed.

So, can you test speeds directly like this. As you expect >100Mbps then connect a 1GB enabled computer/laptop, with up to date drivers, via a NEW and working Cat6a ethernet cable, directly to the Hub which you have put into “modem mode”
(https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-hub-modem-mode )

This ensures that NO other devices are connected Then test speeds at https://speedtest.samknows.com/ - try on 2 different browsers.

If they are still low – boot your device into Windows safe+networking mode - to disable any potentially interfering software - and then try again.

There are many posts on here (I have a list of ~30!) where QoS software, unknown/flaky software, old network card drivers, corrupted browsers, bad cables or other connected devices are limiting speeds on tests.

Report back what that gets.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.