cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I thought Hub 3 can get Gig1?

indie24
On our wavelength

Hi

I've just had my Volt benefits applied and they said they're sending me out a Hub 4 as my Hub 3 can't manage the new speed. I use it in modem mode only but I'm sure I've read people on Hub 3 with Gig1 speeds??

There seems to be issues with new hubs and speeds so I'm a little worried. I've been on M600 and my speeds have always been great!

My Broadband Ping - Home
7 REPLIES 7

jem101
Superstar

No; it would need a 4 or a 5 to get 1 Gig

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@jem101 wrote:

No; it would need a 4 or a 5 to get 1 Gig

Hub 5, really?   With all the problems, it's the last Hub I would want to see arriving at the door ....   😉

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi indie24, 

Thanks for your post and it's great to hear you are benefitting from the new Volt benefits 🙂

In order to receive 1GB speeds, you would need the Hub 4. You are able to put this in Modem mode and use with your own third party router if you want. 

Let us know how things go once the new Hub has arrived and the 1GB speeds have been activated. 

Take care, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

bally12345
Dialled in

I have a hub 5 with 2.5gb port and have no issues whatsoever in modem mode.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@bally12345 wrote:

I have a hub 5 with 2.5gb port and have no issues whatsoever in modem mode.

Yes, best way to run a Hub. 

However the Hub 5 is still in trials and has a few bugs to be ironed out for those that use it in Router mode.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

indie24
On our wavelength

Got my Hub 4 yesterday and installed it in modem mode. Connected it to my Asus XT8 Mesh system and works fine so far.

My Broadband Ping - Home

Hi indie24, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums. I am happy to see that the hub 4 is installed and working fine, please let us know if you need any assistance and that the hub continues to work fine. - Chris