Menu
TimClarke
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I'm already sick of Virgin Media after just two months.

Hi. I'm attempting to contact Virgin Media, you have insisted on making this as impossible as you can. Please someone from virgin media read this and talk to me, because I have resorted to posting in the community forums. You customer support is insanely ridicules. I have just lost the last hour of my life going around and around on the phone in a robotic maze attempting to actually talk to a human being. I'm sure i'm not posting this in the right place, but what else am I supposed to do when you make it so difficult to talk to someone!?

I have been with Virgin media for two month with just your broadband. Service is intermittent. Constantly falling to super slow speeds which began on the first day and has gradually got worse and worse to a point where I feel lucky if i'm able to use the internet for a sizeable amount of time before it becomes unusable again. It's supposed to be fibre optics!

Now I have an email from Virgin Media saying that my latest bill is overdue, that I owe £73.13 including a £10 late fee. BUT I set up direct debit?!! What?! Why didn't you take it out? why are you charging me a late fee when I expected it to be paid automatically? I will NOT pay a late fee, that's just theft. Especially as half of the time your broadband isn't even working!

AND please don't expect me to jump through hoops and waste all my time chasing this when all I want is the internet. Is it really that difficult? I am not happy with this ridicules service. If you want to keep a customer, then fix this. Thank you.

Andruser
Well-informed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: I'm already sick of Virgin Media after just two months.

You'll be needing this.

If you want to talk to a human being who speaks English and isn't a disinterested, script reading oik working unsocial hours thousands of miles away, phone "customer services" on 0345 454 1111, and then select options for "about my account" and "thinking of leaving".  That should get you through to the UK based customer retention team.  Keep it polite even though VM have screwed everything up, and there's a good chance these people can help get things ironed out.  If they can't then the industry arbitration scheme CISAS (as mentioned in the link) may be your next port of call.  You have to give VM chance to resolve the issue before going to CISAS, so read their customer guidance before going down that route.

TimClarke
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, above is one of the few numbers I called. I appreciate the reply and information you have given me. They've called back so my screaming about it may have worked.

0 Kudos
navin3
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Was your problem resolved?

I'm going through the same thing, though my internet has been ok.

They've just slapped on a £10 late payment fee. I am a new customer and I signed up for direct debit, so this should not happen. Virgin claim that their direct debit payment was rejected. My bank says Virgin tried taking money before setting up the direct debit!

Customer care is aggressive and accusatory. At one point the customer service girl said the payment failed because of insufficient funds. I asked her if that's what the system says. And she says, no, that's the most common reason for direct debits being declined.

Wondering if Virgin have a monetary target to hit with late payment fees?

0 Kudos