cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have the M350 bundle, what should my actual download speed be in MBps?

yancha67
Joining in

I just wanted to check that I am getting the speed that I should be, when downloading files, games videos etc my download speed seems to peak at around 40-44 MBps, I just wanted to confirm if this is correct for my package?

My friend has the M100 package and his Xbox shows it downloads at roughly 100MBps.

3 REPLIES 3

cje85
Trouble shooter

Be careful not to confuse MB (Megabytes) and Mb (Megabits).

Internet speed is generally measured in Megabits, but some apps/devices show Megabytes and people often confuse the two and think they're not getting the right speed.

The 350Mbps service should give you 43.75MBps (it will actually be a little bit over, as Virgin give you slightly more than the headline speed).

Your friend on 100Mbps should only get 12.5MBps. To get 100MBps or more, he would need the 1Gb service. (100MB = 800Mb).

Phil_iam
Joining in

Hi there, I am having the same issue. I signed up to receive M350 broadband only. It started with a promising 330mbps on my speed test via my iPhone App but has dropped in a few weeks to a miserable 8-50mbps. Shocking service! When I finally got through to call centre they state there end that I'm getting the full speed. Granted it is slightly quicker through ethernet (wired) but still not 350m more of 160-270 if I'm lucky. I've now lodged a complaint which hopefully will be seen by VM IT department but who knows what will happen? Good luck 

If your Hub is in Router mode use this link to speed test the service to the Hub and then to show what your devices are drawing.

https://www.samknows.com/realspeed/