cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have 500 M plan, but cant even have a video call the signal is so bad - Ethernet connected

Catflap101
Joining in

I have a Hub 3, my laptop is hard wired in to the Hub3 with an ethernet cable, so no distance or wifi issues, but over the last month my ability to have a video call is poor and even voice is intermittently broken and stuttered.......then it feels like it catches up and goes back to usable for a minute or so, then bad again

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Connect to the hub by clicking on this link http://192.168.0.1/  That should pull up the log in page for the hub.  But don't log in, just click on the link "Check router status"  That'll bring up a window with five tabs.  Open the Downstream tab.  Select all the text (Ctrl-A if using a keyboard), copy it (Ctrl-C), then paste it (Ctrl-V) into a reply here as TEXT not screenshots.  Post that, do the same for the Upstream and Network log.  You'll get an error message when you post the Network log, just click on "post" a second time.

Then we can check for any obvious problems with power, noise or error counts.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Connect to the hub by clicking on this link http://192.168.0.1/  That should pull up the log in page for the hub.  But don't log in, just click on the link "Check router status"  That'll bring up a window with five tabs.  Open the Downstream tab.  Select all the text (Ctrl-A if using a keyboard), copy it (Ctrl-C), then paste it (Ctrl-V) into a reply here as TEXT not screenshots.  Post that, do the same for the Upstream and Network log.  You'll get an error message when you post the Network log, just click on "post" a second time.

Then we can check for any obvious problems with power, noise or error counts.

Hi @Catflap101,

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you are having issues with video calls.

We can understand this is not ideal and we want to best help. Was the great advice given by @Andrew-G useful? Does the issue persist? 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs