cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Pay to Upgrade - Speeds get slower???

mukeman
Tuning in

Up until recently I was a content VM user on the 350mb package. I was able to get my subscribed 350mb (and more) at all times of the day, without any problems. Then I got offered a 500mb service (albeit with a £24 price hike),  so I thought go for it!

Since the "alleged" upgrade, my speed has now dropped to 248mb maximum. I consulted with a few others on the new package and this appears to be a more general problem than I first thought.

Why are you dialling down the speed of people on the 500mb package VM? I am using the same kit as with the 350mb service and nothing else has changed!

Fortunately, I only took a monthly package so I can cancel anytime and we are having fibre to the home rolled out locally. Just seems a real shame though that VM can't provide what they promise during the sales effort.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @mukeman,

Welcome back! Thanks for posting.

I am sorry for your recent speed problems.

Have you tried doing a pinhole reset since upgrading you broadband?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Not enough bandwidth to go around in your area.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @mukeman,

Welcome back! Thanks for posting.

I am sorry for your recent speed problems.

Have you tried doing a pinhole reset since upgrading you broadband?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

not much help above although a reset is always a good idea

log into hub3 - 192.168.0.1 [or 192.168.100.1 if in modem mode] - DON'T SIGN IN, click - click router status [centre of screen] - and post the downstream and upstream figures - to see those press on the grey buttons/boxes labelled - upstream - downstream

if its an earlier hub button is top right

how are you testing wired or wifi - always test wired 

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Hi Hayley

I did and it worked. After messing about with support all this time, that's all it was. I did the 1-minute reset and it came back with the full 500 (actually 560).

In future I'll use the forums instead of calling support!

Thank you!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @mukeman,

Thank you for coming back to us and for updating us on your issue! I'm glad to hear that the Pin-Hole reset has worked for getting your speeds back on track!

Please get in touch if you need any further support, we're more than happy to help! 🙂

Thanks,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs