cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huge Lag Spikes

AidenM99
Joining in

Hi, I've been experiencing extremely poor connection for over a month now, with frequent lag spikes being the worst of it. It makes any activity that requires a stable connection impossible. I'm using the Superhub 3.0, upload and download speeds are still great, but the constantly fluctuating ping is getting very irritating. 

Live BQM: 

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/bad2fa216a3fbdbc87aa3e35832ba34d2e88ff24

BQM for today:

Untitled.png

6 REPLIES 6

carl_pearce
Community elder

Looks like you are in an oversubscribed area.

@carl_pearce wrote:

VM know for years about the QoS/BWM problem for upstream and until that changes it can get worse.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi AidenM99,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. It's disappointing to hear that you're currently experiencing connections issues with our internet services. 

We can certainly understand the frustration and disruption this is causing. You advised in your post that your upload and download speeds are fine, which is good news.

Remotely checking from our end, we have located your account with the details provided form your community profile and run some quick checks.

Currently you have some short-term uptime issues, and a downstream power level issue.

Can we ask how your connected to our internet? Is it on a wired or wireless connection?

Also are you using any 3rd party devices?

We have included a link here, for further help and support with this issue.

Please can you us know regarding the above and we can assist you further.
Kind regards Jodi. 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@carl_pearce wrote:

Agreed, but in reverse to most complaints.  Looks like a daytime problem, rather than in the evenings?  Maybe a lot of home workers in this area, who knows?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I'm running on a wired connection, however others in my household have reported issues while connected wirelessly. I'm not using any third party devices.

Thanks for coming back to me AidenM99,

As you are running on both a wired and wireless connection but still having connection issues, we need to complete a Pin hole reset of the Hub in an attempt to resolve any unfound issues. Do this by holding a pen in the reset hole on the back of the Hub for 30 seconds. This will reboot the Hub and reset all Hub settings, to default. If you have made any changes to the Hub's wireless settings you may need to reconnect your wireless devices to the Hub as the Wi-Fi settings will now be back to default.

To do this please follow the instructions here.

Once you have performed this, please can you let me know if this has made any difference.

Kind regards Jodi.