cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub4

VladUngur
Joining in

I’m on 350mb speed package but only getting 2-5mb maxim. It’s a joke? Today someone from Virgin Media came to my house to change my Old hub3 into Hub4. Yesterday my download speed was somewhere around 10mb and upload speed 30mb..with an 350mb speed package...also my computer is connected via ethernet cable... what should I do? 

22 REPLIES 22

Today one guy from VM came to change the HUB, from HUB3 to HUB4(the hub3 was just 6 months old), but the real problem its outside on my driveway...the main cable popped out and its damage by our cars everyday. I've said to him to sort the main issue(outside) I dont need a new HUB:))) 5 min and the guy gone..Sometimes i'm lost in words...also the small cable is not going into my house...but still **bleep**...

...IMG_4543.jpg

Wow.

Yeah that's your problem right there buddy.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

There's nothing the man yesterday could have done about that.  It will need a contractor to run a new cable properly.  He should have reported this for repair - did you mention it to him?

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

not sure what we are seeing in the photo - there looks to be 2 drop cables - one looks to have damage to the phone line which is not relevant to the problem but apart from that all we can see is dirt on the cable so the problem may or may not be there 

to the OP - a better photo might help but best to leave things alone maybe

Tony.
Sacked VIP

So guys, in the end what can be the reason to have so slow speed? Inside I done and checked everything...Thank you guys for your time!

@-tony- wrote:

not sure what we are seeing in the photo - there looks to be 2 drop cables - one looks to have damage to the phone line which is not relevant to the problem but apart from that all we can see is dirt on the cable so the problem may or may not be there 

to the OP - a better photo might help but best to leave things alone maybe

The insulation has been worn away and it's probably full of water.

OP - You need a repull, VM should be arranging this but if the tech yesterday didn't do anything you will need to wait for a staff member to pick this up.

Hi @VladUngur thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear you're having ongoing connection and internet speed issues.  And I am sorry it sounds as though your tech visit has gotten you no closer to resolving your issue.  I would like to take a closer look.  For this I am going to send you a private message.  

Regards

Lee_R

Hi @VladUngur

Just a quick note to confirm you're satisfied with the response and efforts of the forum team?  Remember if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand.

Regards

Lee_R

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Lee_R wrote:

Hi @VladUngur

Just a quick note to confirm you're satisfied with the response and efforts of the forum team?  Remember if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand.

Regards

Lee_R

thats a bit like chinese whispers - it woud be nice how this has played out without any personal info being posted

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Hi @-tony-

The field based team have agreed to play an active part in the resolution.

Regards

Lee