cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub4

VladUngur
Joining in

I’m on 350mb speed package but only getting 2-5mb maxim. It’s a joke? Today someone from Virgin Media came to my house to change my Old hub3 into Hub4. Yesterday my download speed was somewhere around 10mb and upload speed 30mb..with an 350mb speed package...also my computer is connected via ethernet cable... what should I do? 

22 REPLIES 22

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

you can start by posting some info from the hub

log into hub3 - 192.168.0.1 [or 192.168.100.1 if in modem mode] - DON'T SIGN IN, click - click router status [centre of screen] - and post the downstream and upstream figures - to see those press on the grey buttons/boxes labelled - upstream - downstream

if its an earlier hub button is top right

you DO need to sign in on hub4

after that run  speed test with your computer is safe mode with networking - repeat with a different ethernet cable and if still sow put the hub into modem mode and again run a speed test with the computer in safe mode

Tony.
Sacked VIP

I run some few test, still the same...Also I changed the cable with a new one..it's normal to have this low speed on 350M package?

1.jpg2.jpgUntitled.jpg

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

no its not normal which is why i asked for some info - so again

log into hub3 - 192.168.0.1 [or 192.168.100.1 if in modem mode] - DON'T SIGN IN, click - click router status [centre of screen] - and post the downstream and upstream figures - to see those press on the grey buttons/boxes labelled - upstream - downstream

they are more important than confirming your speed at this moment

Tony.
Sacked VIP

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

dear god they are awful - i can explain if you want but i have never seen a set of figures as bad as those - you need a tech to sort that lot out - so will flag the thread

i am amazed you have any internet at all

the only thing you can do is check all connections are tight - did a tech change the hub4 from the hub3 if he/she did i have no idea how they could leave you with a connection that bad

Tony.
Sacked VIP

That is a very bad cable connection, check that every joint you can see is nice and tight with no obvious signs of cable damage. The downstream signal strength is far too low (I'm surprised it managed to give you any connection at all), with a corresponding reduction in the signal quality and the upstream is barely managing to get a connection.

You will need to call in and arrange an engineer appointment, this won't be fixed remotely.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

@-tony- wrote:

Not on mine you don't  😏

Hub 4.png

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@jpeg1 wrote:

@-tony- wrote:

Not on mine you don't  😏

interesting - i certainly used to have to when i first got it but there must have been a firmware update as you are correct

or maybe i am going dafter than i thought and i missed it in the first place

Tony.
Sacked VIP

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

I have a feeling you are right.   Must have been in a firmware upgrade,

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.