cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub3 in modem mode i do not get 500Mbit download

slaterss
On our wavelength

Hi,

When I was on Vivid 350 , the Hub3 in Modem mode and my router Linksys EA9500 (V1.0); i was getting 350Mbit download consistently..  all fine; this is over ethernet from the EA9500 router.

I upgraded to VM 500Mbit; and i have never ever got 500mbit; the best i get is between 330 and 370Mbit...

is there a problem with HUB3 in Modem modem been unable to get 500Mbit download speeds?

I have no QOS enabled on router or any devices or switches.

would upgrading to Hub4 and 1GPS be of any help?

I have tried my laptop and desktop PC both connected at 1GPS \ Full Duplex; but i get nowhere near 500Mbit.

Please help.

Any advice most welcome.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Remove the Linksys EA9500 power off the hub for 2mins and connect a PC to do a speed test in  modem mode.

---------------------------------------------------------------

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Remove the Linksys EA9500 power off the hub for 2mins and connect a PC to do a speed test in  modem mode.

slaterss
On our wavelength

Hi,

with the Hub3 in Router Mode, i do get good speeds 450Mbit+ with ethernet (same Cat6 cable that i used to plug my hub3 to router to), whereas in modem mode and using my Linksys EA9500 i get between 240Mbit and 310Mbit.

To prove it is not my router; i took my router round to a friends who 1GPS cabled connection with a different supplier; and I do get 950Mbit fine; i used the same Ethernet cables. so this proves it is not my router.

i see there are many threads where Hub3 in modem mode with M500 has problems getting anywhere near that speed, is this an ongoing issue? - i have had M500 now for 9+months and never got about 320Mbit.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
What does your Operation Configuration show for Max Traffic Rate on the Downstream?

A hub 4 might help but VM may not give you one if your area is not ready for 1Gb or because the hub is fine for 500M.

Still try with a PC in modem mode a new IP unlikely might make it faster.

slaterss
On our wavelength

Cable Modem StatusItem Status Comments

Acquired Downstream Channel (Hz)
Ranged Upstream Channel (Hz)
Provisioning State

Primary Downstream Service Flow

SFID********
Max Traffic Rate575000000
Max Traffic Burst42600
Min Traffic Rate