cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 setup with Ubiquiti UniFi 6 Long-Range Access Points

newbie01
Tuning in

Hi All,

I cannot seem to get to the bottom of this issue setting up the Hub 5 (Gig1 package) to work with my APs (UniFi 6 LR) and would appreciate any advice on what I may be missing. I am getting 700mpbs via Hub 5 (WiFi) but only 250mpbs via the APs and via an ethernet cable to any of the ports on the Hub 5.

My setup:

Hub 5 (Gig1 package) -> 

TP-LINK TL-SG1024D Network Switch -> 

TP-Link TL-SG1008MP 8-Port Unmanaged Rackmount Gigabit PoE+ Switch (126W) ->

UniFi 6 Long-Range Access Points

I need to setup this way to allow for power to the APs and to connect the amount of devices wired in the house (IP cameras, TVs, Smart lights, etc)

The Hub 5 was tested on Modem mode however there were MAC address issues this way and so I had to revert to the Router mode on the Hub 5.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The fix for this issue is to sync all APs in one account - leave the channel setting to auto and to change the bandwidth to 80hz (using UniFi’s app).

Now I get 850mbps via all APs 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Just limited bandwidth on VM network see what you get with a Steam download
---------------------------------------------------------------

As your Hub is in Router mode have you tries this Hub test :

https://www.samknows.com/realspeed/

Thank you for your reply, I have checked d/l speeds and max out 300mpbs on a Wi Fi connection to an AP.

Samknows gives the following results;

1142mbps to the Router
186mbps to device

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try an AP directly in the Hub 5 using an injector.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you running the UniFi Network Application anywhere? It can be installed on a Mac, Windows machine and even a Raspberry Pi. Also there is an app for iPhones & Android phones. It is very useful for looking at problems. I have it installed on my UDM Pro.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

The fix for this issue is to sync all APs in one account - leave the channel setting to auto and to change the bandwidth to 80hz (using UniFi’s app).

Now I get 850mbps via all APs