cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 slow speeds

sotonsoldier2k8
Dialled in

Hi guys I wonder if anyone can help I seem to be getting really slow speeds on my laptop and  games consoles 

I'm on the 200mb package and I am only getting 37.5 download and 5 upload , I did a test  on sam knows and it said that the router was getting 208mb but the computer was only getting 38mb. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @sotonsoldier2k8, thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry to hear about the problems you've had with WiFi. Although in many cases wireless performance is beyond our control due to the many factors that can impact it - on this occasion I can see that your hub is out of spec, which may explain the less-than-expected performance. 

This should be an easy fix for an engineer, in the interest of getting it sorted asap I have booked you in with the next available appointment.  You will find confirmation via your online account (virg.in/myVM) and can reschedule from there if needed.

Please let us know how that goes, or if we can help with anything else.

Tom

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Those sound like typical WiFi speeds, which are not guaranteed because WiFi is affected by many local factors.

If you want full speed around your house you may have to invest in some better WiFi equipment. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

CraigyD01
Just joined

I'm exactly the same - bought the 1 Gig pack; get 1186mbps to the hub, yet around 400mbps to the wifi devices. Looking to put the hub 4 in modem only mode and buy a decent router!

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @sotonsoldier2k8, thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry to hear about the problems you've had with WiFi. Although in many cases wireless performance is beyond our control due to the many factors that can impact it - on this occasion I can see that your hub is out of spec, which may explain the less-than-expected performance. 

This should be an easy fix for an engineer, in the interest of getting it sorted asap I have booked you in with the next available appointment.  You will find confirmation via your online account (virg.in/myVM) and can reschedule from there if needed.

Please let us know how that goes, or if we can help with anything else.

Tom

Hi Tom thanks for booking that appointment for me , the engineer said the power levels were too high on my router he sorted it out and everything is back to normal 😀

Hi sotonsoldier2k8,

That's great news - thanks so much for coming back to the thread to update us.

If there's anything else you need, please don't hesitate to get back in touch.

Have a great weekend! 🙂

Beth

Beth

• Hi this problem seems to have come back , could you please run a test on my line? 

Fed up with this i can't even game online properly ,  I would like money taken off of my bill until this is sorted out 

Hello sotonsoldier2k8

Sorry this is happening again,

I have had a look at the power levels from here and the upstream is just a bit out of range 

We will need to get an engineer booked 

I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L