cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 lag

lyn58
Joining in

Hi

i had a hub 4 installed this Tuesday and the speed is terrible I’ve run diagnostics where it says there’s an issue that was yesterday and it’s still got problems when the engineer left we tried to set up our stuff (wi-fi passwords)only to find no wi-fi found out the engineer did not connect the Ethernet properly in the back of the router.so we thought that was the problem but no it’s still very slow we need an engineer to come out to sort this please 

8 REPLIES 8

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Try this first

Do a Hub “pinhole reset” - first make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker are still there and legible first ! Disconnect any ethernet cables from the Hub (leave the coax connected), and then with the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 (a timed sixty) seconds, release the pin, leave for 5’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time. Passwords will reset to those on the sticker. See if that sorts it.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey there @lyn58, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums.

I'm sorry to hear about the slow broadband speeds and Wi-Fi issues.
Are you able to do a factory reset for me please? Hold a pin in the reset pin hole (found at the back of the Virgin Media Hub) for 40 seconds and give it 5 minutes for it to come back online, the reason why we ask this is because we can see congestion on the Wi-Fi however no network fault is appearing right now.

If you could also run a wired speed test directly to a device whilst disconnecting all other devices so we can pin down where the speed issue is.
For more information on slow speeds please check this article here.

Let us know how it goes.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Did reset ect but there is still lag 

Hi lyn58, 

Thanks for coming back to us and letting us know the reset was done. I'm sorry to hear it didn't help. 

I can see Ilyas also asked you to do a speed test whilst connected to the ethernet cable whilst disconnecting all other devices and to also try some tips on the link. Have you done these?

I've checked the power and signal levels at this end and they are both looking optimal. There is no fault in the area affecting you and the internal speed tests we do connected to your hub are all coming back as just over the 1GB. 

Please pop back and update us on the wired speed test. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

The hub before this one everything was working fine a bit slow sometimes but not on the scale of this one it’s no faster than the old one and  I’m paying more  .can you explain that 

Hey Lyn58, thank you for reaching back out and I am sorry to see you are still having some connection issues.

The Hub4 is has got better WIFI technology built inside it and is a big upgrade over the Hub3. 

I have taken a look at our end and I can't see any issues at all everything is prefect and levels are really good.

Please can you expand on what sort of lag issues you are having please?

Could you also let me know if this is on WIFI or cable? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Wi-fi could it be to do with the router being near the tv on a shelf under the tv ? I would move it but can’t disconnect the router cable 

Hey lyn58, thank you for reaching out.

Yes this could be part of it we would recommended keeping the hub out in the open and not to be blocked by anything if possible.

Is there anyway it would stretch to the top of the shelve? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?