cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 1GB problem

kimwiles
On our wavelength

Just recently had upgrade to 1GB broadband and having problem with Xbox one and ps4 game lagging

12 REPLIES 12

MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta

What are they like using ethernet connections ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.

Haven’t tried Ethernet connections, I have wifi - hub is nowhere near a tv to test an Ethernet connection.......

Have you got a laptop you can try ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.

Yes, I've got a laptop, and smartphone ethernet is the same as wifi on laptop.

Ok, so we’ve got a tv and PS4 close enough to the hub for Ethernet, connected it all up and still lagging on COD ☹️. Checked if there’s a problem with game server and it’s saying no problems. Any more suggestions? I thought the 1GB would be better not worse!

What speeds do you get at >> Sam Knows Real Speed << with a direct connection using a Cat 5E or better cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

I’m sorry but I don’t know! All I we know is that the games were working fine on the old hub3 with 500Mb and now with the hub 4 and 1GB they aren’t. I didn’t get any Ethernet cables with the new hub, don’t know anything about the cable I’m using, don’t know what ‘hub in router mode’ means and don’t know the capacity of the laptop.

Hi kimwiles, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear that you are having issues with the service. Can you confirm if you are still having issues as we are not getting any outages. Chris 

kimwiles
On our wavelength

Hi, yes it’s still lagging on PS4 and XBox one COD game and also sometimes accessing websites on laptop and phones is really slow. I just did the sam knows real speed - got 1079 speed to hub and 68.4Mbps to iPhone 7 although it has been higher than that to phone. Didn’t have these problems before upgrading from 500Mb to the 1GB so don’t really understand it. My son manually assigned ports to PS4 and was a little better but still lagging