cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3

Danrubie
Joining in

Anyone else experiencing issues.  I have had my hub 3 for about 3 years and now it just drops and drops.  Totally useless and frankly I am so fed I am ready to quit virgin.  It make me sick that the latest hardware is only available to new customers.  I have been with Virgin for years.  Bit of a kick in the teeth for loyal customers.

4 REPLIES 4

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The hub3 is still the current hub for most speeds 

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

If (as is likely) you've got a noise problem, then the Hub 4 won't perform any differently to a Hub 3, and chances are there's nothing wrong with your Hub 3.

Connect to the hub by clicking on this link http://192.168.0.1/  That should pull up the log in page for the hub.  But don't log in, just click on the link "Check router status"  That'll bring up a window with five tabs.  Open the Downstream tab.  Select all the text (Ctrl-A if using a keyboard), copy it (Ctrl-C), then paste it (Ctrl-V) into a reply here as TEXT not screenshots.  Post that, do the same for the Upstream and Network log.  You'll get an error message when you post the Network log, just click on "post" a second time.  Then we can check for any obvious problems with power, noise or error counts, if there's a clear problem then the forum staff can book you a technician.

jhuk
Trouble shooter

If recently, is it running hot, does a reboot fix it for a while?

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Danrubie,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to to hear you aren't happy with your Hub 3.0 as some devices are dropping.

I have managed to look into this for you as I was able to locate your account with the details we have for you.

The issue you are having may be due to some of your devices dropping due to the amount of devices connected, when there are too many the last devices connected can be the first to be kicked.

It may also be a issue with the Router or the connection to the Router,  can you try a pin reset on the Router just to rule out a software issue, first check all the internal connections are hand tight then push a pin/ paper clip in the back of the Router where it says reset, push in until you feel it press then hold in for a timed 1 Minute, do not reboot during or after and allow 15 Minutes to settle afterwards?

As I wasn't able to see any issues our end including your levels please set up a free “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any network dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with us. Make sure you uncheck the “ignore ping from WAN side” box in the settings if you see a wall of "red" - note it will take an hour or two to start seeing a sensible picture. please run this for 72 hours and post the results here so we can have a further look into this for you.

Kind regards

Paul.