cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get the increased upload speed on M500?

Blakey47
On our wavelength

I got an e-mail this morning that the new upload speed is now available and all I have to do is switch off the router

wait 10 seconds and switch it back on then check the speed

So I did this....twice

and the upstream service flow on my hub5 is still the same at 38520000 and speed test hasn't changed at all

Do I need to do anything else? Contact customer services or have I done it wrong somehow?

Thanks

19 REPLIES 19

Client62
Hero

Sounds like the PR emails have gone out ahead of the engineering changes.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Blakey47 👋,

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

Your broadband upload speed has been given a boost and the speed updates automatically after a reboot. 

I have checked our systems and can see you have since reported an issue with your broadband - services being offline and a technician appointment has been arranged. 

Let us know how it goes at the visit so we can offer further support if required. 

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Blakey47
On our wavelength

Hi, the lovely engineer has been and made an adjustment to the levels but however, even though its been rebooted several times now the speed increase still doesn't show

Maybe as someone has suggested the email has gone out before the actual speed increase has been activated although RealSpeed Samknows shows my package as 500x50

Same boat, that after numerous reboots still no upload boost. The account details in MyVirginMedia account show my package as 500/50, but still only getting between 26 and 32 on uploads. 
It would be good if somebody from VMO2 could confirm if the boost was meant to be instant, or if it is a delayed roll out. If it is a delayed roll out why was the email sent out telling us to reboot?

josh94
Superfast

I did get 100mb down last week but only getting 49mb now, when I check the router the max upstream has been rolled back to what it was previously... very weird.. also got the email telling me I've been upgraded... although I knew about it a couple weeks before and rebooted a while back and it doubled.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Blakey47,

Thank you for coming back to us. Have you been able to run a wired speed test on your broadband Hub to see what speeds you're getting?

Have you taken a look at our Speed Up page as well to see if this can help?

Please take a look and let us know how you get on so that we can help if needed.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Blakey47
On our wavelength

The engineer did a test when he attended and got 36mb upload on my wired connection 

PWitkowski
Up to speed

I also got the email a week ago, and have been doing daily hub reboots since. Still no new network logs that indicate a new config file has been downloaded, and the Router status page for Upload still shows Max Traffic Rate as: 38520000 still so no point running speed tests until the hub gets a new config to allow a rate of over 50,000000

I'm so sorry to hear this @Blakey47 and thank you for popping back to us, can I ask what the engineer stated when they were back?

Are these tests across wired or WiFi connections? Is download showing as changed at all?