Menu
hemanthaka
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

How to block roblox.com?

Hi,

I want to block roblox.com. I have it in my list of blocked sites in virgin media web safe. But web safe does not block it at all. What am I doing wrong? Any help please...

Best regards,

Hemantha

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to block roblox.com?

Web safe blocks URL's not apps. So you would need to block it on a per device basis.

0 Kudos
hemanthaka
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the quick reply. Could you please let me know how to block an app per computer basis?

BTW, I don't have roblox app on my computer. I'm trying the prevent my browser loading roblox.com website. So, I added 'roblox.com' to the list of blocked websites. But I can view https://corp.roblox.com/people/ on my browser. I expected that web safe would prevent me opening any webpage under 'roblox.com' domain including subdomains on any of the devices in my home. Isn't that the case?

0 Kudos
Farhana
Superfast
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, ROBLOX keep all of their websites as seperate entities and explicitly mention this when switching between the sites. For example, going from the homepage to the blog gives you a warning that you're leaving the website when it still a ROBLOX website managed by the same people.
0 Kudos
bigdave146
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

I am not sure I follow your reply.  Surely if I put roblox.com into the website filter, it should filter any site with the domain *.roblox.com ?  Or does the filter require a specific URL ?  If so, can we use wildcards to get round the multiple roblox sites ?  I can do this with wildcards on my linksys router.

Dave

0 Kudos
Farhana
Superfast
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No problem.

roblox.com should block the main ROBLOX site as this is the one which you'll probably want to block.

The other websites are just linked to employment and company news.

0 Kudos