Menu
Highlighted
brodel
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

How do I check that I am on the correct speed?

I signed a new contract with virgin about 8 weeks ago, one of the updates was going from 200mb to 300mb internet. I just signed into my account and got a notification saying "Your speed boost is complete! Your connection speed is now up to 200Mbps". Is that an error?

Also, my contracts are confusing. My econtract which says it was changed on Jan 5th 2018 lists the broadband at 100Mbps (total bill £35.49??) and my latest bill says 200Mbps (total bill £85.38, which is correct).

Speed tests aren't too clear but don't seem to go over 160Mbps.

Is there a definitive way by checking the modem/router to see what speed I am signed up to? If not I'll give Virgin a call, but if I'm not on 300Mbps as was offered by the retentions department, I'm guessing it'll be a case of my word against theirs.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: How do I check that I am on the correct speed?

The speed boost banner still showing and sometimes showing an older speed is normal. I have 200Mb, but it still says I've been boosted to 70Mb (which I was, a long time ago.)

On http://192.168.0.1 go into Router Status. On the hub 3.0 you'll find the downstream and upstream speeds (listed in bps, convert it to Mb yourself) under the 'configuration' tab.

______
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
brodel
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I check that I am on the correct speed?

Thanks. I think I found the page and it doesn't look like the update has been implemented. The Max Traffic Rate is 220000000, or 209Mbps.

Hopefully when I call up they don't deny any knowledge of the offer that retentions department made me before I agreed to the new contract.