cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can actually speak to a person who is interested in helping me with a complaint or service issue?

WardChris
On our wavelength

I have never been able to be connected to somebody helpful on any service line or online message service - I think the customer service system is specifically designed to stop customers being helped.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your issues are split into two different areas, and I am going to suggest you start a separate post about your mobile issues. I could respond to some of them, but I should point out that this forum has different areas for different technologies, and those users (and staff) with expertise and knowledge in particular areas tend to spend time in those boards, not scatter around on the off-chance something's posted in the wrong area.

So start a new post with your mobile issues in https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/bd-p/OtherMobile -

Broadband - again, not my direct area of expertise but for starters before others come along... Which hub do you have? If you're not sure, check the photos halfway down this page - as a headline view though, the VM routers are freebies and getting your own wireless kit can often yield much better results in the long run.

I'm interpreting your post as being problems with the connections from your devices to the router, rather than the onward connection from the modem to the internet - if the latter is actually the case, then getting a free BQM is an excellent place to start.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What's the issue you have with your VM service?

If you explain the problems, there's a good chance of getting some help on this forum.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

WardChris
On our wavelength

@japitts very insightful people sound great. Can you tell me how I can get through to a virgin media help service that will help me rather than just shift me around to different unhelpful versions of the same customer script.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As alluded to previously, if you explain the issues you're having - there's a reasonable chance you can avoid needing to call in at all, and get your problem sorted on here.

If you want to call in, then 150 from a VM phone or 0345 4541111 from any other phone. Can't really advise any more without knowing what your problems are.

WardChris
On our wavelength

@japitts My issue is that I have fibre500 broadband and the connection to my devices keeps dropping off intermittently. This happens regularly for different periods on time. I have spoken to a VM technical advisor who told me that the broadband has not experienced any interruptions and so the issue is to r signal coming from the router to the devices. Some of the devices are connected by cable rather than wirelessly so I am unsure about that answer. I asked if a check could be done which monitors the signal coming from the router over a period of time because I k ow that if I contact fault services via the VM app it is able to see all of the connected devices so I think they should be able to perform that level of diagnosis. The broadband check was also only a snapshot - just at that time - or over daily usage - so an average and also only for the past week. I asked if there was a longer - perhaps a month - period of data and was told that this is not possible. I asked if there could be a period of time where the signal from the router is monitored and told that it was not. However they told me that ofcom can do that test and they would refer my request to them. When I said that it should be a virgin media test as it is their service I was told they cannot do it. I do not understand why ofcom could do that and not virgin media. 

Si that is the basics of my issue. Compounded by the fact that my mobile provider is virgin mobile and the mobile signal is not working in my postcode EN4 a this means that I have times when I am completely without a connection. I asked if there was an issue with the mobile signal and was told that it was working fine but I know that the a phone mast serving the area  was taken down and has not been replaced. I accept that 100% coverage is not possible but I know that I have also gone through the new customer section of virgin mobile and been told that the signal is strong in the area when it is not. I think this is a misspelling of services because they know the service is not working properly but still taking money for it.

I have spent a lot of time online contacting Virgin and also on messaging and also on the landline and on the mobile phone helplines but there is never any real help offered that resolves my issue. I have been told to go elsewhere if I do not like the service but this does not resolve the issue that I have paid for a service that has not been delivered. Also it does not change the fact that virgin dug up my street to install fibre and so they should be the only game in town for broadband services.

If  you have some advice about how to get this resolved so that the systems work properly and not just advice that I should get another provider that would be great because I have spent a lot of time not being helped by people who actually work for virgin. I normally would not post in a forum like this but it is amongst my final resorts to find out enough information about how virgin operates in order to get them to actually resolve my issues.

Cheera.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your issues are split into two different areas, and I am going to suggest you start a separate post about your mobile issues. I could respond to some of them, but I should point out that this forum has different areas for different technologies, and those users (and staff) with expertise and knowledge in particular areas tend to spend time in those boards, not scatter around on the off-chance something's posted in the wrong area.

So start a new post with your mobile issues in https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/bd-p/OtherMobile -

Broadband - again, not my direct area of expertise but for starters before others come along... Which hub do you have? If you're not sure, check the photos halfway down this page - as a headline view though, the VM routers are freebies and getting your own wireless kit can often yield much better results in the long run.

I'm interpreting your post as being problems with the connections from your devices to the router, rather than the onward connection from the modem to the internet - if the latter is actually the case, then getting a free BQM is an excellent place to start.

WardChris
On our wavelength

Thank you for that reply and for taking the time to explain the forum. Do you know how I might check that my broadband is still working even if my devices or my WiFi is not working? 
It seems that virgin say that the broadband is a not being interrupted so it must be my devices but when the devices aren’t able to connect I can’t check my broadband provision to see which of the two is the cause. The devices come back on line after a while without any help so I think it must be the broadband rather than the devices.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@WardChris wrote:

Thank you for that reply and for taking the time to explain the forum. Do you know how I might check that my broadband is still working even if my devices or my WiFi is not working?

Connect a device using an Ethernet cable direct to your router, or setup and use a BQM - these monitor your connection 24/7/365 and provide excellent diagnosis of your underlying connection. https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/list