cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horrible speeds

koreainsincere
Tuning in

Anyone else having issues in the EN4 area since Friday? Speed has gone through the floor, should be 600Mbps now down to 60Mbps (Ethernet direct to the hub) and very unstable constant disconnects. What’s happened? Status says all okay, have rebooted hub several times, no change. Online chat useless, keeps disconnecting. So frustrating this service and costs a fortune. Wish I’d never moved from BT. 

6 REPLIES 6

Client62
Legend

Drops below 100Mb/s can be a network connection that has de-rated from 1000 to 100Mb/s

Speed test the service to a Router mode Hub(3/4/5) + your device with the link below.

If the Hub speed is OK & the computer again drops below 100Mb/s suspect a faulty network cable.

https://www.samknows.com/realspeed/

Many thanks indeed. Speed at the router 13.3Mbps and speeed at my device 17.9Mbps. A problem with Virgin service?

Faults or Outage

Check for a known local fault on 0800 561 0061 - it is an automated service

Thanks again. They claim no issue. Once again trying reboot and then reset of hub.

You may have to be the first to call and report the fault.

Do the Upstream and Downstream stats for the Hub show any issues

such as Downstream errors counts rising over time, low power levels / low SNR levels

or on Upstream 3.0 channels dropping below QAM 64

A complete reset of the hub now gives the expected 650Mbps download speed so I am letting it settle for a while. Appreciate your input very much, thank you.