cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horrible packet loss.- Area fault 19637577?

skyuser
On our wavelength

Hey,

Hoping someone from VM can shed some light on the situation. Have had terrible packet loss issues for months on/off. Eventually, it was resolved seemed to be an area issue, however, now its back with a vengence!

I tried the chat online etc got area fault 19637577 and the status by calling 08005610061 says 'sorry some faults are more compex and may take more time...'

It's a residential service so I suppose no real SLA, but noone can give me an estimated fix time. I WFH and although the service has been fine, this recent packet loss is affecting me working from home so may have to go back into the office. (I know WFH is not covered under a residential service, it was more of a convenience rather than going to work)

The chaps/chapess's on whatsapp say don't worry you'l get compo... (I dont think I will as its not TLOSS its intermittent in nature..should they be misleading people??)

But the burning question...does anyone from VM on the board know or have info when it may/will be fixed please? This packet loss is every single day

Link to TBB BB quality monitor

if needed

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/3d5b987d1141ab7647ed90696c01e5f034f880a9

skyuser_0-1674496900698.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi skyuser, thanks for the message. 

I have checked the account and can see that there is an outage in the area and this is estimated by the engineers to be resolved tomorrow. 

The fault number is F010403749  

Kind regards, Chris 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
The only thing certain is that no one responding on this forum has any better info on when the fault will be fixed. They may hav an estimated fix date/time - but that is usually on the 0800 number too and as always... its just an "estimated" fix time which means "dont really know".

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi skyuser, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are having issues with the service. 

I have looked over the BQM and will send you a private message so that this can be looked into further for you. 

Please look out for the purple envelope.

Chris. 

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi skyuser, thanks for the message. 

I have checked the account and can see that there is an outage in the area and this is estimated by the engineers to be resolved tomorrow. 

The fault number is F010403749  

Kind regards, Chris 

skyuser
On our wavelength

Thank you for checking Chris, I appreciate it.

Fingers crossed it'll get sorted by then.

cheers

You're welcome @skyuser

Please do let us know if you have any further questions or concerns, we'll be here to support further if needed. If you believe the issue to be resolved you can mark the thread as resolved by clicking the helpful answer given and this will show anyone else having issue that an answer was given and direct them to the post, alternatively you can just like or 'kudos' the post if it helped you. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley