cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High post pre/post RS errors again

Blakey47
On our wavelength

I'm not sure if I have put this in the right board but here goes.

I've had issues in the past with pre/post RS errors and I'm concerned that my connection is again heading for another set of intermittent connectivity!

I have checked the cables are hand tight on the back of the hub 5 that I have but I've noticed extremely concerning high amounts of RS errors on channels 2 and 3.

I rebooted my hub several times yesterday to try and get the updated speed as in the email and I noticed at 6pm last night that on channel 2 the pre RS errors was at 7552309 and post RS errors was at 6464893 - this was a short time after rebooting.

I've just checked it now so this is 21.5 hours after rebooting and channel 2 shows 645862041 pre RS errors and 140526005 post RS errors.

Channel 3 shows 466126 pre RS errors but zero post RS errors and all the other channels have minimal errors (the highest is channel 1 at a mere 40 pre RS errors) 

Is it likely I've got another fault on the horizon? 

5 REPLIES 5

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

Doesn't sound good. Try a 60 second pinhole reset of the hub. Check for local faults on 0800 561 0061. Also post your upstream and downstream stats.

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

I've got a technician appointment booked for Monday now to resolve 🙂

How did you get a technician booked mate? I made a post as I’m only getting 0.5mbps upload on wired connection which needs fixing asap, but no reply from virgin yet. Can barely work and use teams. 

I logged into myvirginmedia and went through the broadband issues link and it tested my connection and at first said I'd have to wait 24 hours and if the problem didn't resolve then they'd have to send a technician out.

24 hours passed and it just gave me a booking page for an engineer

Hi there @Blakey47 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue regarding your service and thank you to our community for their advise so far.

We are so glad you have been able to book an engineer, please do let us know how things go with the visit and what they advise?