High packet loss + speed loss in south london area

xPhilip
On our wavelength

Affecting both me and my dad, we live like a mile away from each other

xPhilip_0-1624813805405.png

4 REPLIES 4

foccer
On our wavelength

Seems to be a major issue for Virgin at the moment. Hopefully their technical staff are reading these forums and looking at the issue. Their call centre will not admit the issue exists

Having the same issues in Tunbridge Wells, Kent.

Getting between 5-15% packet loss in different games alongside high latancy. Stated network speed of 500mb (usual 400/450), getting between 5-50 atm.

Connected directly to the router via ethernet, have tried different devices & have tried disconnecting everything else (+ reseting the router). Same issue.

Please fix 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @xPhilip

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting. 

I am sorry to hear this. I have taken a look at your account and can see there are some downstream signal issues. I will therefore need to book an engineer for you. 

I note that there is also an uptime of 35 days since you last rebooted your hub. We always recommend regular reboots of the hub to ensure you're on the least congested channel and to refresh the connection. 

I will pop you a PM now so we can confirm some details and get the visit arranged. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming the details requested via PM @xPhilip

I have arranged an engineer to come out and correct the downstream power levels for you. Should you find the time and date unsuitable, feel free to re-schedule via your online account or give me a shout via PM.

Let us know how the visit goes 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs