cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High packet loss, impossible to do video calls and work from home

kostic2000
Joining in

Hi,

I have been having intermittent problems with broadband for at least three weeks now. It was fine at the end of last week, but from Saturday went bad again. When I call Virgin say there is an issue in my area, but they've been saying it for a while and no ETA given.

I am struggling working from home, meeting calls are beyond painful, have to resort to using my phone for them.

I set up BMQ yesterday evening and been getting packet loss arpund 20%, spiking to 30.

I can't find a way to talk to a person by phone it seems, so if anybody from Virgin can shed any light it will be appreciated.

Otherwise, not sure what my next steps should be. I've started looking to switch providers after 20+ years, it's never been this bad. Any advice on reliable alternatives in SW20 area is appreciated

Konstantin

247c7a190f05fe942b29d74e1dd67ce7b1242bb1.png

5 REPLIES 5

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try checking with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 or if you have a VM landline 150 as small local faults are not listed on the VM status page.

That BQM is a mess, so there has to be a big fault somewhere ....

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks, Adduxi

I did and they say there is an issue. They have been saying it for at least three weeks. But no info on the nature of the issue or any ETAs.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@kostic2000 wrote:

Thanks, Adduxi

I did and they say there is an issue. They have been saying it for at least three weeks. But no info on the nature of the issue or any ETAs.

You could try and contact the planned outage team between 7.30am and 5pm on 0800 052 2137 to see if they can provide any estimations or updates.?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Looks like this number is no longer in use, automated message re-directs to the usual 150 or 0345 454 1111.

Issue has now been fixed and packet loss is back under control. Last time it didn't last, hopefully it will this time.

Thanks for the replies