Menu
Sheza
Up to speed
Message 251 of 350
Flag for a moderator

Re: .Re: High latency to european servers

@Darkman wrote:

Monday morning 10am and all is working again, which is great. Thank you (again).

What is not so great is that VM would seem to consider it acceptable to have most of Surrey with severely degraded internet access for the weekend, rather than call someone in from Networks to redo whatever they did to fix the problem on Friday afternoon. This pretty much sums up many customer's perception of VM's commitment (or lack thereof) to customer service. 'It'll wait' seems to be the mantra. The marketing department might love to go on about speed but I don't see anyone raving about how quick they are to fix problems.

It's almost as if Virgin Media's customer service suffers from.......... high latency Smiley Wink

As for the issue being fixed, all I can say is wait till 7pm.... any chance of catching England play in 4K on iPlayer? Let's hope BBC's servers are all located in the UK....

0 Kudos
Saterlay
On our wavelength
Message 252 of 350
Flag for a moderator

Re: High latency to european servers

Does everyone's seem to be okay now? I'm at work so I can't check... Hopped on this morning before work to have a look and ping was at 60ms (still not great) but obviously will take it over 1000ms

0 Kudos
scm
Tuning in
Message 253 of 350
Flag for a moderator

Agree with all the previous comments. 8am this morning latency was poor/extremely poor, by 10am things had improved. Tests right now show the following:

BBC 22ms
Google 17ms
My Work 19ms
Fortnite 38ms

Things start to degrade around 2pm for me. 

0 Kudos
toms88
On our wavelength
Message 254 of 350
Flag for a moderator

@Sheza wrote:

@Darkman wrote:

Monday morning 10am and all is working again, which is great. Thank you (again).

What is not so great is that VM would seem to consider it acceptable to have most of Surrey with severely degraded internet access for the weekend, rather than call someone in from Networks to redo whatever they did to fix the problem on Friday afternoon. This pretty much sums up many customer's perception of VM's commitment (or lack thereof) to customer service. 'It'll wait' seems to be the mantra. The marketing department might love to go on about speed but I don't see anyone raving about how quick they are to fix problems.

It's almost as if Virgin Media's customer service suffers from.......... high latency Smiley Wink

As for the issue being fixed, all I can say is wait till 7pm.... any chance of catching England play in 4K on iPlayer? Let's hope BBC's servers are all located in the UK....

I couldnt watch last night. iPlayer kept telling me i didnt have enough bandwidth, when it was working it was the lowest possible quality. Is it because its "just a gaming issue" that they dont have a solution already? Its far more than just that for me, VOIP still doesnt work, VPN for my work is dropping all the time, screen sharing, streaming. The lot.

0 Kudos
Pongo
On our wavelength
Message 255 of 350
Flag for a moderator

It seems to be that the problem is just being moved around. For me, the basket of sites I track are showing much the same ping rates as before, given that it is morning - for the past ten days these sorts of ping have climbed rapidly through the afternoon and evening:

10:50 hrs:

Tracing route to wotna3.login.wargaming.net [92.223.56.15] over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms 2 ms 1 ms 192.168.0.1
2 * * * Request timed out.
3 * * * Request timed out.
4 * * * Request timed out.
5 * * * Request timed out.
6 * * * Request timed out.
7 128 ms * 127 ms ldn-bb3-link.telia.net [62.115.134.134]
8 * 123 ms * nyk-bb3-link.telia.net [62.115.135.94]
9 * 127 ms * chi-b21-link.telia.net [80.91.246.162]
10 * * * Request timed out.
11 * 128 ms 124 ms 92.223.56.15

Trace complete.

C:\WINDOWS\System32>

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Jen_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 256 of 350
Flag for a moderator

Hi all,

My colleague, Nicola, did update the investigating teams (on the 16th I believe) and work on this continues. We shall provide updates as soon as we have more information. In the meantime thank you for your continued patience (this is not a platitude, we do appreciate it) and for your updated data (traceroutes etc).

Regards,

Jen
Forum Team

Saterlay
On our wavelength
Message 257 of 350
Flag for a moderator

So to confirm, the appropriate bodies are aware of this problem and are working towards a solution?

Thank you for getting back to us

0 Kudos
morgansworld
Tuning in
Message 258 of 350
Flag for a moderator

I was told on my original ticket that a resolution would be in place for the 19th latest (tomorrow) is that still the case?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Jen_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 259 of 350
Flag for a moderator

I was told on my original ticket that a resolution would be in place for the 19th latest (tomorrow) is that still the case?

We were rather hoping that you'd see an improvement today, since 11am. If that's not the case we'd be grateful if you could provide an updated traceroute.

Regards,

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
morgansworld
Tuning in
Message 260 of 350
Flag for a moderator

The problem is it does pick up a bit in the day (not been perfect for ages) but then come evening its a right mess and unusable. Surely the network team can see form their end it its working as intended and they know what the issue is?