Menu
Pasbags
Dialled in
Message 11 of 350
Flag for a moderator

Re: High latency to european servers

I'm just glad someone started a post about this I was banging my head against a brick wall testing all my kit 20 times over trying to find the cause, after working out that it wasn't me and calling support only for them to fob me off with everything is perfect on our end it must be you despite the fact that I was pinging all kinds of places and saying how is that perfect, nope still perfect sir my computer says everything is fine. 

Glad you managed to get an answer out of them shame that gaming is completely unusable this weekend on a wired connection, i'm having to tether my phone to my desktop using wireless feels like a sin after using Ethernet for so many years. but at least the ping is where it should be. 

Hopefully a few more people will post where about they are and get on the phone to get them to put it on the system that's what I've done, Imagine we will get a response from one of the forum team on Monday who can shed some more light on what's going on.    

MaxTheCat
Tuning in
Message 12 of 350
Flag for a moderator

Would also like to throw my hat into the ring and say I have also been having high latency issues on my home network since Thursday 7th June. 

Received little to no help from Virgin Media customer support, only waffle about how it may be connected to my cache and cookies. (Even though I told him it was a issue across my home network that hadn't existed prior.)

Like others in the forum, I also come from the Egham, Surrey area. 

Highly displeased with VM's response to this entire situation.

MaxTheCat
Tuning in
Message 13 of 350
Flag for a moderator

My son has been complaining since Thursday figures are all over the place on latency check websites anything from 40 to over 1000. Their suggestion was to clear cache and history. I am not a computer geek but I am sure that is a ridiculous suggestion for this issue.

0 Kudos
Uli
Tuning in
Message 14 of 350
Flag for a moderator

Currently to bypass the issue you got to use a VPN which main server is hosted in the UK, for PC Gaming specifically I'm personally using Outfox VPN since it has a free trial with no need for payment information.  Unsure on how to setup a VPN for console users sorry.

Really sucks, hope Virgin can fix the issue quickly.

Pasbags
Dialled in
Message 15 of 350
Flag for a moderator

Seemed to now be as bad a 2 this morning but I have a feeling it was due to no one really being on the network, checked it again at 8 this morning ping was back sitting comfy in the 900ms range. Let's hope Virgin get it sorted this week if not it'll be a swift call to retention's. 

0 Kudos
Sheza
Up to speed
Message 16 of 350
Flag for a moderator

Thought it was unusual when YouTube, streaming, and other sites were loading slowly and yet no issue at all with packet loss or speed tests to UK servers! So I'm also throwing my hat into the ring and I'm also on the Redhill, Surrey area connection.

The DSL Reports test showed these pings:

12.27s 26ms London, UK
12.27s 43ms Frankfurt, DE, EU
12.27s 187ms St. Ghislain, Belgium, EU
12.27s 257ms Amsterdam, Netherlands, EU
12.27s 607ms Darmstadt, Germany, EU
12.27s 885ms Dublin, Ireland, EU
12.27s 898ms Zurich, Switzerland, EU

Thanks for starting this thread Darkman, hope it improves soon.

cverdeyen
Joining in
Message 17 of 350
Flag for a moderator

I have been having the exact same issue since Thrusday as well. Living in Egham, so Surrey area as well, and can say that after a call with support, they just also said everything is fine *eye-roll* I am happy to read that at least one of you have been able to get to them, and let's hope they can fix it quickly.

ReviloBlake
On our wavelength
Message 18 of 350
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I am getting 900-1100ms ping to many servers.

I am in Whyteleafe Surrey.

I spoke with virgin on the phone, they gave me some odd advice saying they sent signals to my router and that should fix the problem. Obviously as it's clearing a routing issue it didn't fix anything.

Need a fix as I cannot play games or even connect to my work servers as they are AWS provided and ping is 1100 plus

ReviloBlake
On our wavelength
Message 19 of 350
Flag for a moderator

haha,

25ms to google.co.uk,

google.es is... 1193ms

pings.jpg

0 Kudos
wg___________
Joining in
Message 20 of 350
Flag for a moderator

Also getting extremely high ping to European servers:

0.00s Start testing Cable
0.00s geo location failed
00.54s Servers available: 7
00.57s pinging 7 locations
07.57s 32ms London, UK
07.57s 160ms Dublin, Ireland, EU
07.57s 201ms Amsterdam, Netherlands, EU
07.57s 223ms Darmstadt, Germany, EU
07.57s 274ms St. Ghislain, Belgium, EU
07.57s 629ms Zurich, Switzerland, EU
07.57s 635ms Frankfurt, DE, EU

And I also live in Oxted, Surrey.

Been unusuable since Thursday last week!