Menu
Dyl63
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

High Ping and Slow Download

Hi,

I've recently been having issues with download speed and ping. In the evenings between roughly 8:30pm to 11:30pm, the ping will jump from it's normal 10-20 ms to ~100 ms making it very irritating to play any online game. Also the download speed drops very low and when watching videos on youtube the videos are constantly buffering. I have tried fixes i've read on other forums but no luck. Was wondering if this was an issue that needs to be addressed or if you have any tips for me to make everything run more smoothly.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: High Ping and Slow Download

Hello Dyl63

Welcome to our forum, I am sorry you are having some problems with lag and slow downloads, we will do our best to help. 

The area traffic does pick up a bit in the evening and it may increase lag a bit but I do wonder if something else is going on. Are you using a wired or wireless connection, please use wired for gaming or to measure speed with www.speedtest.net as this will remain on our network.

The other thing I notice is that the hub receive power levels are a bit too low 

-4.9 dBmV        -6.4 dBmV        -6.3 dBmV        -6.2 dBmV        -5.9 dBmV        -5.9 dBmV        -5.6 dBmV        -5.4 dBmV

and it may be prudent to arrange an engineer to get them a bit nearer in spec. I will send you a forum private message for an appointment should you wish.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
Dyl63
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: High Ping and Slow Download

Hi,

The issue seems to have resolved itself, but should it re-emerge I will try to arrange a date for the engineer to come out.

Thanks for the help

0 Kudos